Monday, July 27, 2009

Argus Profile!


Updated drawing...engines, radome shadows, antennae, etc...28 Jul 09. Also...now have made a nice VP415 Swordfish (AKA "Sydney") in Vector format for my hometown birds...keep watching!

I admit it. I'm finished waiting for a half-decent CP-107 full color profile drawing so I'm DOING something about it...I'm making them myself! These drawings are long overdue in my opinion. Ultimately, I plan on producing EVERY color scheme throughout the Argus lifespan. EVERY Squadron and ANY tail number will be available (Ugh...I guess ya gotta die from something!). ..any color spinners and any special markings (I know those nasty 'Aussies" put a Kangaroo on an Argus one year!). Anyone have "Slargus" photos from MPEU??? Might as well be complete! For those Argus lovers out there who want a reasonably priced piece of my artwork I have a plan. If all goes according to said plan, and we all know that plans seldom survive initial contact with the enemy, I will gladly make these renderings available for sale as signed and open ended posters. Click on the image above for a larger version. NOTE: It isn't complete yet but I'm having fun adding some little 'bling' (check out those nacelles! LOL). The initial release should be available within the next 30 days. I welcome any ideas you have on this issue. I'm making very close use of prototype photos to ensure I make the most accurate drawing I can. As always, thanks for visiting.

~Rob