Friday, June 19, 2009

On Top ... now...now...NOW




This one was created to feature the interesting frontal view of the rather bulbous APS-20 Radome. The year is 1964 (my birth year) and the first Argus delivered to VP415 (Argus Mark 1, t/n 20720) is tracking a submerged Soviet submarine. It's early morning and once again we see my attempt at depicting a scenario that one couldn't really photograph. I'm simulating a very long telephoto shot here with really no vanishing point per se. The strong cropping combined with a strong vertical composition was intended to grab -and hold- your attention. We think it is a success in that regard. Do you? This piece hangs nicely at the end of a long hallway in low light. Moody! Any suggestions for future work? C'mon...challenge me. I dare ya! 8^)

~Rob